Swedish Massage » Swedish Massage 75
This is a classic way to reduce stress, relieve muscle tension and improve circulation.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine’s study on massages found that people who received a 45-minute Swedish massage experienced some remarkable and quantifiable health benefits, including:
* a significant decrease in the stress hormone cortisol,
* a boost in the number of lymphocytes, or white blood cells, that are necessary to * protect the immune system
* an increase in the oxygen levels in the blood
* an improvement in overall circulation
* a release of chronic muscle tension
* an increase in joint flexibility
During a Swedish massage, your therapist will first apply massage oil or lotion to your body and then employ long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart.